Sealite's AIS (Automatic Identification System) Solutions are available in Type 1 or Type 3 and operate on the International VHF Maritime Mobile Band, enabling Port Authorities and other users to remotely monitor the real-time status of their AtoN installations.
Installation & Service Manual
- Type 1 & Type 3 models available
- Complete AIS solutions displaying accurate positioning & operational information about the AtoN in real time
- Low power consumption, ideal for solar installations
- Supports real, synthetic & virtual AIS AtoNs
- Supports Messages 21, 6, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14 & 35 (dependant of hardware & software configuration)
- Operates on the International VHF Maritime Mobile Band
- Battery enclosed in 7-stage powder-coated aluminium, impact resistant housing
- Fully compliant with IALA, IEC & ITU standards
- Enhances operational awareness
- Reduces maintenance & call-out costs
Type 1 AIS
A Type 1 AIS AtoN utilises FATDMA (Fixed Access Time Division Multiple Access) scheme and only transmits in reserved time slots as assigned by the local AIS base station. The AtoNs operational status and positioning is sent via Message 21 and provided to mariners in the broadcasting region. Message 6 monitors the solar and battery voltage, flash code setting and light status and is sent to the designated base station.
Type 3 AIS
A Type 3 AIS AtoN has the additional capability to transmit and receive messages and utilises the RATDMA (Random Access Time Division Multiple Access) scheme. This allows the AtoN to autonomously allocate slots for its own transmission by listening to AIS frequencies and determining which slots are available for use. Type 3 AIS can be installed at any location with or without a base station and is able to 'chain' several units together to extend transmission range. Plus, with Type 3 AIS you can remotely control the function of the lantern, including flash character, ON/OFF activation and intensity settings.